Dr. Deepak Kademani will be leading a virtual course offered through the University of Minnesota on Friday, November 6 to discuss oral cancer detection, treatment, and post-therapeutic management.
While oral cancer is one of the most treatable of the major cancers, when discovered and managed early, the rate of impacted patients is rising dramatically. Dental professionals are uniquely positioned to screen patients and detect oral cancer in its early, treatable stage.
Topics covered will include:
- Oral cancer incidence and at-risk populations
- Identification and differentiation of lesions in the oral cavity
- Recommendations for action when suspicious lesions are found
- Rationale, determination, and description of various treatment alternatives
- Complications from cancer therapies
- Management of post-therapeutic complications in the dental office
If you wish to learn more or if you want to register for the upcoming session, please click HERE.