Enter The Waiting Room Now
Due to the on-going threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, our offices will be open by appointment only. We are now offering HIPAA-compliant virtual visits to those patients who would like to book a consultation for any of our services.
Enter the waiting room by clicking the link to the right. Please make sure you have a good internet connection, and your computer microphone and camera turned on.
Telemedicine/Telehealth: Consent to participate in a telemedicine appointment
The inability to have direct, physical contact with the patient is a primary difference between telehealth and direct in-person service delivery
The quality of transmitted data may affect the quality of services provided by the provider
Changes in the environment and test conditions could be impossible to make during delivery of telehealth services; Telehealth services may not be provided by correspondence only.
- The use of telehealth for this service is voluntary
- You may stop the telehealth visit at any time and request a face-to-face service
- You will have access to information resulting from the telehealth service provided by law
- me our telehealth platform uses HIPAA compliant 128 bit encryption
- You have the right to exclude anyone from your telehealth visit
- You have the right to object to videotaping or other recording of consult
- Telemedicine does not take the place of a consultation w/ your primary care provider
- You must be 18 years or older
I understand there are potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access and technical difficulties.
I understand that video conferencing technology will be used for the consultation and will not be the same as a direct patient/health care provider visit due to the fact that I will not be in the same room as my health care provider.
I understand that the responsibility of the telemedicine consulting specialist is to give medical advice and that the specialist’s responsibility will conclude upon the termination of the Doxy.me video conference connection.
I had the opportunity to ask questions in regard to this procedure including risks, benefits and any practical alternatives have been discussed with me in a language in which I understand.
By joining the video conference link, I certify:
- That I have read or had this form read and/or had this form explained to me * That I fully understand its contents including the risks and benefits of the procedure(s).
- That I have been given ample opportunity to ask questions and that any questions have been answered to my satisfaction
Acknowledgement of Notice of Privacy Practices
I hereby and voluntarily consent to authorize Minnesota Oral & Facial Surgery healthcare providers at their service locations and telehealth platforms to provide health care services to me. The health care services may include, without limitation the following: diagnostic tests, procedures, examinations, routine laboratory procedures and tests including blood, urine, and other studies as well as procedures and treatment prescribed Minnesota Oral & Facial Surgery’s medical staff. I understand that this consent is valid and remains in effect as long as I am a patient of Minnesota Oral & Facial Surgery. The consent will remain in full force until revoked in writing. I understand that although every effort will be made to keep all risks and side effects to a minimum; risks, side effects, and complications can be unpredictable both in nature and severity; I understand that “Physician Extenders” including Physician Assistants and/or Advance Practice Nurses will be involved in my treatment. I understand that Minnesota Oral & Facial Surgery evaluates many conditions and the assessment of my condition can be limited to the diagnostic test available. I will contact my primary health care provider for any other specific medical questions I have regarding my medical condition(s) and/or treatment(s). I hereby voluntarily give my consent to treatment at Minnesota Oral & Facial Surgery and its telehealth services by joining the video conference link.